Residencial Familiar (Hotel)


I cannot say that I was very impressed by this hotel. It was livable, but absolutely not well managed. The staff was friendly and informative, but that's all they seem to be good at. The hotel itself looks very nice at first view. The outside terrace with fountain and hammocks in the back was good looking. The washrooms were not bad and showers were hot, but they seem to not be cleaned very often. I stayed for a few days and the dust that was in the washrooms did not move at all. Toilet paper was also not provided for guests, buy your own.



IMG_4327     IMG_4328 
The view on the main terrace


Let's talk about the rooms now. First, the doors would not close properly and lock with a padlock (I don't mind the padlock), but when inside at night the latches that keep the door closed were not so safe and pretty flimsy. I used to put my backpack against the door to secure it and it was also blocking the large crack in between the doors that people could have seen right in the room from. Secondly, the beds were cots with mattress about four inches thick and very springy. Once again it is not that bad if at least the blankets would have looked clean, but I was not so sure, so I used my own sleeping bag the whole time I was there.


59896261

Third, the children. The owners that live on side have a few kids, that are always up very early and quite noisy. Don't get me wrong, I love kids, but at 6am when they start screaming, whining and crying, it is not so fun. I got woken every morning by the kids or the old lady (owners mom, I think), talking loudly back at them.

I must say that the location is great, only a few minutes away from the bus station with a taxi, about 20 minutes if walking. Very close to downtown Main Plaza. For the prices of the rooms, I paid 50 Bolivianos a night, for a single room with shared washrooms. The also have rooms with washrooms included for 80Bs. For what services are provided I think it's a bit much because they don't do much. I have seen hotel for same price much better and cleaner. They are a handy stay, if you are looking for a one or two nights stay it can still be a good place, but do not expect that much comfort.



IMG_4397     IMG_4398
The rear terrace and a view on the room

They have available computers that can be used in the reception area and a fairly good wifi everywhere in the hotel. I do not understand why, but the wifi is turned off at around 10h30 every night. Toilet paper is available for sale at reception for 1Bs each. If you do need some info on getting around they will help you with basic info's.

Review 2-5 copyMy overall note would be a 2 out of 5, because of the lack of respect for the guests. The not so clean washrooms and the bad doors and locks for the rooms. Like I said someone could still use the hotel, it would not be my first recommendation but it's a place to sleep.




If you would like to reach them anyways, here is the contact info :

Residencial Familiar
Sucre e-554, Town center,
Cochabamba department , Bolivia
Telephone : 4 422-7988

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Analytics